Tim Sullivan is a shareholder of Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney. He advises Minnesota municipalities (including cities, counties, and school districts) in all areas of litigation, employment, and labor law. Tim also proudly provides general counsel/city attorney services.
Tim is a critical thinker and a problem solver. He has substantial experience negotiating and drafting labor agreements and other contracts. He has successfully represented clients in both interest and grievance arbitration. He has also conducted dozens of employment investigations, and has successfully represented clients in state and federal district and appellate courts.
Tim was the recipient of the M. Arnold Lyons Award, awarded for graduating first in his law school class. During law school, Tim was the Articles Editor for the Hamline Law Review. He also participated in the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court for two years. Prior to joining Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney, Tim was a law clerk for the Saint Paul law firm of Dudley & Smith, P.A. Tim is currently the Board Liaison for the Governmental Liability Committee of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association.
When he is not working, Tim loves spending time with his wonderful wife (Lindsey), his beautiful children (Reagan and Thomas), and his lovely dogs (Hurley, Billie, and Lexa). He loves listening to music and cooking meals for his family and friends. Tim also enjoys hunting, fishing, and taking full advantage of the many wonderful opportunities to enjoy the beauty of the great State of Minnesota.
- Labor and Employment Law
- Municipal Law
- School Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Contract Review
- Contract Negotiations
- Grievance Arbitration
- Interest Arbitration
- City Attorney
- Data Practices
- Insurance Defense
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (Chair of the Governmental Liability Committee)
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (Board Member 2021 – Present)
- Council of School Attorneys, Member
- DRI, Member
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Hamline Law School 2010, Summa Cum Laude
Honors & Awards
- M. Arnold Lyons Award, awarded for graduating first in class
- Articles Editor for Hamline Law Review
- Participant in Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court for two years