Conferences, Presentations & Appearances
Join Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison at the Council of School Attorneys’ Annual Seminar and Meeting on January 15 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. Attorney General Ellison will address Key Legal Issues Facing Minnesota Schools, and RR&M attorney Timothy Sullivan will discuss Transgender Student Accommodation. To download the seminar registration form, please visit: COSA Annual Seminar/Meeting.
Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney, P.A., will be presenting at the Minnesota School Boards Association’s Annual Leadership Conference on January 16 and 17, 2020. Presentation topics include:
- The ABCs of Special Education: How to Cut through the Jargon and Help Your School District Comply with the Law – Elizabeth Meske and Christian Shafer
- Playing by the Rules: School Board Control of Extracurricular Activities – Jennifer Earley
- Navigating Conflicts between Transgender Students and Parents – Timothy Sullivan
- Off Campus Conduct and On Campus Effects: Employees and Students – Erin Benson
- Protecting Student Data in the Digital Age – Elizabeth Meske
- To Renew or Not to Renew: Addressing Coaching Complaints – Margaret Skelton
- Are We There Yet? Student Transportation Issues New and Old – Nathan Shepherd
Minnesota Association of School Board Officials’ Winter Conference will be held on February 6 and 7 at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. RR&M attorneys will present the following topics:
School District Contracting – Obligations and Limits – Joseph Langel
What is “Just Cause” Anyway? – Ann Goering
Addressing Common FLSA and Minimum Wage Issues in Schools – Nathan Shepherd
Metro Area Section 504 Coordinators’ Meetings – Join us for these informative meetings at the Edina Community Center, Room ECC 350, 5701 Normandale Road, Edina, Minnesota, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. No registration required, open to all, no cost. Each session includes a one hour presentation by an RR&M attorney, a case study and opportunity for Q&A and dialogue with colleagues.
- February 6, 2020 – Health Plans: The Interplay between Section 504 and IDEA. Laura Tubbs Booth and Adam Frudden will present this session.
- April 16, 2020 – Equity Issues in Section 504 Implementation. Laura Tubbs Booth and Elizabeth Meske will present this session.
Check back for future conferences, presentations & appearances
School Law Seminar
For over twenty-five years, Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney, P.A. has held a School Law Seminar, free of charge, informing schools of the most significant changes in the area of school law and providing practical advice on the issues schools may encounter during the upcoming school year.
The following were comments from individuals that attended past seminars:
“Thank you, this seminar is excellent. I very much appreciate the timely topics presented!”
“The conference is stellar. Thank you for providing the educational opportunity.”
“The best law conference around.”