Conferences, Presentations & Appearances
October 1-2, 2019 – The Northern Plains Law Conference on Students with Disabilities will take place at the Bismarck Event Center, Bismarck, North Dakota. Laura Tubbs Booth will present on For more information and to register, click here.
October 7-8, 2019 – The 2019 MASA Fall Conference will be held at the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. For registration information, click here.
- Laura Tubbs Booth and Christian Shafer will present What Gen Ed Administrators Need to Know to Prevent Section 504 Liability on Monday, October 7.
- Margaret Skelton will present Keeping Students Safe: Legal Issues Involving School Security on Tuesday, October 8.
November 14, 2019 – Jennifer Earley will present Playing by the Rules: School Board Control of Extracurricular Activities at this year’s MASBO Fall Conference, in Bloomington, Minnesota. This seminar will address the effects of recent statutory amendments to the obligation of school districts to take charge of extracurricular activities. Included in this discussion are practical approaches to reduce the potential liabilities connected with extracurricular activities and transportation thereto, particularly in light of the recent Fenrich decision. More information on the conference can be found here.
November 15, 2019 – RR&M’s Annual School Law Seminar will take place at the Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, on Friday, November 15, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Metro Area Section 504 Coordinators’ Meetings – Join us for these informative meetings at the Edina Community Center, Room ECC 350, 5701 Normandale Road, Edina, Minnesota, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. No registration required, open to all, no cost. Each session includes a one hour presentation by an RR&M attorney, a case study and opportunity for Q&A and dialogue with colleagues.
- October 10, 2019 – Determining Eligibility for Section 504 Plans. Laura Tubbs Booth will present and moderate this session.
- December 5, 2019 – Dyslexia and Section 504, Training Staff on Section 504. Laura Tubbs Booth and Christian Shafer will present this session.
- February 6, 2020 – Health Plans: The Interplay between Section 504 and IDEA. Laura Tubbs Booth and Adam Frudden will present this session.
- April 16, 2020 – Equity Issues in Section 504 Implementation. Laura Tubbs Booth and Elizabeth Meske will present this session.
March 20, 2020 – Join your colleagues for the 4th Annual Special Education Law & Leadership Conference – The Movement Toward Equity in Education for All Learners. Laura Tubbs Booth has joined RR&M and we are continuing the work!
Check back for future conferences, presentations & appearances.on
2019 School Law Seminar
For over twenty-five years, Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney, P.A. has held a School Law Seminar, free of charge, informing schools of the most significant changes in the area of school law and providing practical advice on the issues schools may encounter during the upcoming school year.
The 2019 School Law Seminar will be held on Friday, November 15, 2019 at the Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center. Registration will be available on this website on October 8, 2019. Early registration is recommended.
The following were comments from individuals that attended past seminars:
“Thank you, this seminar is excellent. I very much appreciate the timely topics presented!”
“The conference is stellar. Thank you for providing the educational opportunity.”
“The best law conference around.”