Tim Sullivan is a shareholder of Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney. He advises both school district and municipal clients in all areas of employment and labor law and litigation. He has substantial experience negotiating and drafting labor agreements and other contracts. He also has successfully represented clients in both interest and grievance arbitration.
Tim is a critical thinker and a problem solver. He has successfully assisted municipal clients in the drafting and implementation of ordinances, including complex zoning and licensing regulations. He has conducted dozens of employment investigations, and has successfully represented clients in State and federal district and appellate courts.
Tim was the recipient of the M. Arnold Lyons Award, awarded for graduating first in his law school class. During law school, Tim was the Articles Editor for the Hamline Law Review. He also participated in the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court for two years. Prior to joining Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney, Tim was a law clerk for the Saint Paul law firm of Dudley & Smith, P.A.
When he is not working, Tim loves spending time with his wonderful wife (Lindsey), his beautiful children (Reagan and Thomas), and his two lovely dogs (Hurley and Billie). He loves listening to music and cooking meals for his family and friends. Tim also enjoys hunting, fishing, and taking full advantage of the many wonderful opportunities to enjoy the beauty of the great State of Minnesota.
- Labor and Employment Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Liquor Licensing and Regulation
- School Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- National Council of School Attorneys
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude
- Winona State University, B.A., B.S., Magna Cum Laude
- ACCAP-HUD Homes Tax Credit Limited Partnership v. Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust, 2012 WL 5834560 (Minn. App. 2012).
- Anderson v. County of Lyon, 784 N.W.2d 77 (Minn. App. 2010).