Erin Benson is a shareholder of Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney. Since 2006, Erin has represented school district and municipal clients in all areas employment law, general school law, and civil litigation. In addition to representing her clients in both state and federal court, Erin has obtained favorable decisions for her clients from multiple state and federal agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Office for Civil Rights, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, and the Minnesota Department of Education.
Erin frequently serves as an investigator for school districts, municipalities, and the State of Minnesota. When conducting investigations, Erin provides a thorough analysis of the facts involved, makes straightforward findings, and delivers practical advice to address any deficiencies and liabilities identified.
In addition to her representation of public sector clients, Erin also represents landlords in all aspects of landlord-tenant law, and has successfully represented clients in hundreds of unlawful detainer hearings. Erin strives to provide her clients with cost-effective and practical solutions to the legal challenges they face.
Prior to attending law school, Erin was an intern for former U.S. Congressman Jim Ramstad. For two years during law school, Erin served as a volunteer intern for Legal Assistance of Dakota County, helping provide family law services to disadvantaged members of the community.
In her spare time, Erin enjoys traveling, cooking, and spending time with her family.
- Employment Law
- School Law
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Wright County Bar Association
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- National Council of School Attorneys
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of Minnesota, B.A.
- Montplaisir v. Indep. Sch. Dist. No. 23, 779 N.W.2d 880 (Minn. App. 2010)
- In the Matter of Proposed Termination of Dan Anderson by Indep. Sch. Dist. No. 742, BMS Case No. 09-TD-14 (Aug. 12, 2009)
Honors & Awards
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
For many years, Erin served as a “Big Sister” with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Twin Cities.