Elizabeth Meske is an associate attorney with Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney. Liz enjoys serving public school districts, charter schools, cities, counties, and other public sector entities across the region. Liz is committed to providing pragmatic legal advice and exceptional legal representation.
Originally from Wisconsin, Liz moved to Minnesota to attend college at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. Following an Internship at the Innocence Project, Liz attended law school at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. In law school, Liz clerked for a boutique civil rights litigation firm as well as an employee and consumer rights law firm. Liz also engaged in human rights work as a Benjamin B. Ferencz Fellow in Human Rights and Law. A passion she continues as a Board member of a local human rights non-profit organization. Liz has appeared in state and federal court and externed for the Honorable Donovan W. Frank, United States District Court Judge for the District of Minnesota during her time in law school. She is admitted to practice law in Minnesota State Court, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Liz’s legal practice focuses primarily on special education law and other areas of school law as well as labor and employment law and investigations. She was recently selected for the 2023 Minnesota Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars List.
Liz lives in Shoreview, Minnesota with her husband and two young children. From camping, to boating and picnicking in the park, Liz enjoys outdoor adventuring with her family. Traveling, tennis, and binge-worthy television are also among Liz’s favorite things.
- Special Education Law
- School Law
- Employment Law
- Constitutional Law
- Open Meeting Law
- Data Privacy
- Policy Drafting and Review
- Contract Law
- Student Discipline Matters
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- National Council of School Attorneys
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, B.A.
- Serves on the board of a local human rights nonprofit organization
- Previously chaired the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Human Rights Committee
- Provided legal representation pro bono through the Children’s Law Center