Ann Goering is a shareholder of Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney. She has devoted her career to representing counties, school districts, cities and other public sector entities with respect to a wide range of legal issues. Ann’s areas of practice include all aspects of labor and employment law, municipal law, school law and civil litigation.
Ann routinely represents public entities in grievance arbitrations, labor negotiations, employee discipline, student rights, discrimination issues and veteran’s preference act matters. She has extensive experience with respect to the powers and duties of public entities, including data privacy laws and the Minnesota Open Meeting Law. Ann regularly represents her clients in civil litigation and administrative proceedings involving claims of discrimination, civil rights violations and other matters facing public entities. Ann is a frequent speaker at seminars for counties, school districts and other public sector entities.
- Labor and Employment Law
- School Law
- Municipal Powers and Duties
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- National Council of School Attorneys
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Hamline University, B.A.
- Barker v. County of Lyon, 813 N.W.2d 424 (Minn. App. 2012)
- Hervey v. County of Koochiching, 527 F.3d 711, 103 (8th Cir., Minn. 2008)
- Rice County and MNPEA, BMS Case No. 17-PA-0653
- Mower County and Law Enforcement Labor Services, BMS Case No. 15-PA-0781
- Crookston Education Association and Independent School District No. 593, Crookston (Award June 2016)