Ann Goering is a shareholder of Ratwik, Roszak & Maloney. She has devoted her career to representing counties, school districts, cities and other public sector entities with respect to a wide range of legal issues. Ann’s areas of practice include all aspects of labor and employment law, municipal law, school law and civil litigation.
Ann routinely represents public entities in grievance arbitrations, labor negotiations, employee discipline, student rights, discrimination issues and veteran’s preference act matters. She has extensive experience with respect to the powers and duties of public entities, including data privacy laws and the Minnesota Open Meeting Law. Ann regularly represents her clients in civil litigation and administrative proceedings involving claims of discrimination, civil rights violations and other matters facing public entities. Ann is a frequent speaker at seminars for counties, school districts and other public sector entities.
- Labor and Employment Law
- School Law
- Municipal Powers and Duties
- Civil Litigation
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota School Boards Association
- National Council of School Attorneys
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Hamline University, B.A.
- Barker v. County of Lyon, 813 N.W.2d 424 (Minn. App. 2012)
- Hervey v. County of Koochiching, 527 F.3d 711, 103 (8th Cir., Minn. 2008)
- Village School of Northfield v. Independent School Dist. No. 659, 2007 WL 2177881 (Minn. App. 2007)